The Fifth Xiamen Symposium on Marine Environmental Sciences (XMAS-V, https://melmeeting.xmu.edu.cn/xmas5) will be held in Xiamen, China from Jan 11th to 14th, 2021. The Local Organizing Committee (LOC) is pleased to announce the call for session/mini workshop proposals.
Theme of XMAS-V
Multidisciplinary Sciences Serving a Sustainable and Healthy Ocean
Proposal Submission Timeline
- May 15, 2020 Session/Mini Workshop Proposal Submission Closes
- May 20, 2020 Session/Mini Workshop Proposal Acceptance Notification
- June 01, 2020 Abstract Submission Opens
- Limited financial support will be available for each session to subsidize travel and accommodation expenses of two to three conveners and/or invited speakers.
- Application for financial support should be submitted along with session proposals.
- Session proposals with broader themes and larger scales are preferred. Session proposals with strong overlaps will likely be merged, to minimize repetition and to build a program with sessions that are fewer but larger and stronger.
- If a session has less than 10 accepted abstracts, the SAC/LOC reserves the right to merge it with another session.
- Mini workshop should focus on hot topics or emerging research areas. At least 3 speakers must be included in a proposal.
- Co-conveners are preferably from different institutions.
- Co-conveners are encouraged to submit abstracts to their own sessions as well as other sessions.
- The SAC/LOC may request revisions to some proposals.
- Session/mini-workshop conveners' scheduling requests will be considered by SAC/LOC but cannot be guaranteed. The actual time allocation will vary according to the number of accepted abstracts. Sessions/mini-workshops can be scheduled from Monday (Jan 11) evening to Tuesday (Jan 14) afternoon.
Information Required in the Proposals
- Relevance to the theme of XMAS-V
- Session/Mini-workshop Title
- Session/Mini-workshop Description – maximum 400 words, including focus, scope and objectives
- Name, affiliation and email of each co-convener
- Name, affiliation and email of invited and proposed speakers (if any)
- Name of speakers and/or the conveners for financial support and the budget
How to Submit Session Proposals
Please submit your proposal to the LOC via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by May 15, 2020.
If you have any questions, please contact the LOC via email.